Wednesday 24 July 2013

The Sword of Truth - Terry Goodkind

Ok, so I know I'm deviating from my usual story posts, but I feel that this is something I really need to write about.
I first read The Sword of Truth many years ago, and since then my life has become unrecognisable - unrecognisably better! The Sword of Truth is the most amazing fantasy story, spanning over 11 books, but it's so much more than that. I love the story and read it over and over again, but I have benefited from it far more than just the joy a beautiful story brings me.
Terry Goodkind goes out of his way to teach his readers. Many of the things I have learned are things I knew or should have known anyway, but I was never confident to back them up, even to myself. Things like the fact that every human life has value, that everyone has the right to freedom... I was so inspired by the books and lessons that I learned, and still am. It's all very well sitting in the psychologist's office listening to them tell you that no matter how pointless you feel, your life has value, but sometimes it takes more than just telling. Terry Goodkind doesn't tell - he shows. So many of the things I have learned from him, I have heard before, but never really believed until he illustrated them in a story for me. Others were complete revelations, helping some things make sense to me for the first time in my life.
Now, I use The Sword of Truth daily to solve problems, to motivate myself to do better and be great.
If I was in the education department, I would make The Sword of Truth compulsory reading for everyone in school. So many of the world's problems could be solved if people just took Terry Goodkind's lessons to heart.
So the point of this post is to give you a chance to change your life. Ever since I read The Sword of Truth, I have been  promoting it to everyone I meet. I feel that my life has been so positively changed by this series, I can't just keep it to myself - I owe it to the world to give other people the same chance I had.
Truly, you will not regret reading it. Even if you don't often read fantasy, The Sword of Truth transcends matters of genre, speaking in a universal language understood by all. Read it. Really, that's all I can say: read it!

Book one if Wizard's First Rule
Look out for book 6 when you get there - Faith of the Fallen - it's the best! My mind was blown away after reading it.

Here is the link to amazon where you can order it: http://www.amazon.com/Wizards-First-Rule-RosettaBooks-ebook/dp/B00433TO4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374661699&sr=8-1&keywords=wizard%27s+first+rule
Or check out a library near you - you can bet they will have it!

Follow Terry Goodkind on Twitter! https://twitter.com/terrygoodkind

Please join my Terry Goodkind fan club on LibraryThing! It's a new group, and I'm always looking for new members :) http://www.librarything.com/groups/terrygoodkindfanclub

Are you on Goodreads? Check this out! https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2812-sword-of-truth

Join the Terry Goodkind page on Facebook and get all the updates on his latest works. https://www.facebook.com/terrygoodkind?fref=ts

Check out his website, where you can order Sword of Truth jewellery, clothes, and much more! http://www.terrygoodkindstore.com/collections/all-products

Here's the official Terry Goodkind website: http://www.terrygoodkind.com/


Take this chance to do something great: take your life under your control and start on the journey of a lifetime. As Terry Goodkind says, "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

No comments:

Post a Comment